Translate

Saturday 17 May 2014

1 Michelin Star Unagi in Azabu 料理: うなぎ 店名: 五代目 野田岩


This was my first time eating Shiroyaki. Grilled unagi without sauce. It was very soft, but also very tasteless.

 



The Unagi here is not exactly the type of Unagi I like. It's grilled very lightly and because of that there is a lot less taste. I much prefer Unagi that is grilled more deeply and a little black even, because it is a lot tastier that way.

I also found out that this is one of the last few remaining restaurants that serves natural Unagi, whereas most restaurants serve farmed Unagi. This may also have played a part in me not liking it that much.

On the plusside, the dessert was a very nice touch and the building is absolutely awesome! Hundreds of years old and very special, but nonetheless I don't think I'll be back, because the Unagi is not of my liking.


Rating: 3-/5

Price: 
With the Shiroyaki it was 6500JPY per person(me and my friend split the Shiroyaki). So quite pricey even for Unagi.

Tabelog: http://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1314/A131401/13002789/

No comments:

Post a Comment