Translate

Monday 1 April 2013

Sushi in Ikebukuro @ 立喰 美登利 エチカ池袋店




I went here twice the past week and I can already say I will be coming here VERY often. The first 2 pictures are from the first time. The 2nd time I got 2 lunch menus, only one of which I photographed(2nd picture).
The sushi at this little standing sushi bar isn't the best in the world, but it's definitely well above average. The rice temperature is good and the fish quality ranges from pretty good to really good. The thing that makes this little shop so amazing is that they have a lunch menu of 8 pieces for 525 Yen!!! The pieces are not particularly small nor is the fish quality horrible. Quite to the contrary, I've eaten much worse sushi for a lot more money. How this shop is making a profit is beyond me.
If you live in Ikebukuro, like me, it'd be criminal not to have lunch here at least once a week. I reckon that during lunchtime, this is the best value meal on the planet.

Rating: 5/5

Best Piece:  かんぱち - Yellowtail, tasted almost like O-Toro so smooth and fatty.
Worst Piece: あじ - Horse Mackerel, not a big fan of the way they serve their Mackerel.

Recommendation: Move to Ikebukuro and eat here at least once a week!

http://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1305/A130501/13131023/

No comments:

Post a Comment