Translate

Sunday 14 April 2013

料理: とんかつ 方面: 西池袋 レストラン: 寿々屋 4/5






Recently I said I wasn't sure if Tonkatsu could be more than just 'nice', 'pretty good'. I've been eating quite a lot of Tonkatsu as of late and I've definitely come to like it a lot. I don't think this food can ever be as good as top-end sushi, but I don't think anything can. Nonetheless, there's definitely places that serve some very good Tonkatsu.
This Tonkatsu here was very good. You definitely don't need the brown Tonkatsu sauce to make this taste good, but what's best about this shop is the fact that the service and atmosphere is similar to that of a Michelin star restaurant. There were a few more staff than I though were absolutely necessary, but it made the restaurant seem very well organized. I also talked to the main chef for a while, who seemed very happy to have a foreigner as a customer and he even gave me some free 'special' vegetables that he wanted me to try. If I want Tonkatsu in Ikebukuro, this will certainly be the place I go to. It wasn't the cheapest at 2200JPY, but I got a lot of food in return and the quality was top notch!

Rating: 4/5

食べログ:
http://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1305/A130501/13003916/  

No comments:

Post a Comment