Translate

Friday 22 March 2013

Izakaya in Ebisu @ サカバ ゑびす堂 恵比寿店

Today a friend introduced me to a restaurant in Ebisu I had heard him talking about quite a few times in the past. He had said it was popular so we made sure we got there early. At 6PM we were the first to arrive, but not too long after it did indeed fill up entirely.

We started off with a salad that I'm not sure we actually ordered, but I'm definitely glad we got it. The first time ever I've had chips in a salad and while they were good, the dressing was even better. An amazing start to the meal!


It was quite dark so not all of the pictures turned out great, but it got better later on once I turned on the flash.

Second, we had some Sashimi. Uni, Katsuo and Kanpachi. I had never had Uni as Sashimi before and kind of expected a bad aftertaste just like the Uni at Joel Robuchon in Vegas, but surprisingly enough there was none and it was delicious! And the Katsuo was even better! Extremely fresh and served very cold. SUPER tasty! The Kanpachi was the least of the 3, but still very good.

うに - Sea Urchin   かつお - Bonito   かんぱち - Yellowtail

Third, we had some Saba Sashimi that was seared right in front of our nose. Usually I'm not a huge fan of grilling raw fish and prefer to eat it raw and basic, but just like the Sushi restaurant in Nagoya I went to recently, this was fantastic and I dare say the best Saba I've ever had!


Our fourth course was a very special stew that I was told has essentially been unchanged since the store opened 1400 something days ago. And by that I mean that some of the stew they made 1400 years ago has been preserved and used over and over to make the stew again and again. This sounds gross, but at least you know you won't get served undercooked food! ;) The stew tasted good. Similar to a stew my mom used to make and surprisingly 'almost' as good, although not quite. Tasty dish, but not as good as the previous Sashimi dishes.


For our 5th course we went for the chicken. The chicken was served on a special stone and after it was in front of us they poured a special sauce over it. It steamed a lot. The chicken was very delicious, but the cabbage that was served with it not as much, so I ate the chicken without the cabbage.


For out last course we went for some dessert. I ended up with miso, sesame ice cream. I was served ice cream and then they put some miso, sesame paste on top of it and told me to mix it. I think the waiter overdid it a little bit on the paste, because it was quite strong, but it was good nonetheless and I think if he hadn't put so much paste on there, it possibly could've been one of the nicest ice creams I've ever had. I guess I'll have to go back and find out next time, because I'll certainly be back here at some point.



When it came time to pay the bill, it turned out to be less than 6000Yen for 2 people(action going on with 1000Yen discount for 2 ppl, 2000Yen discount for 4 ppl). Which is a total steal! I was honestly expecting to pay about 50% more than that at least, considering the amount we ate and the quality of the food, but instead it was much less than that. In London you'd pay anywhere from 100 to 200% more for this kind of meal. Absolutely astonishing!!!

All in all, I'll certainly be back here sometime. The only downside is that smoking is allowed anywhere inside. Fortunately enough we were lucky today and except for 1-2 people all the way in the back, there were no smokers. Apart from that, this place is awesome and I highly recommend it!! Just make sure to invite me, when you go! (^_-)

Rating: 5-/5

評決:
すごく美味しくて安くて楽なレストランですよ!刺身は特にすごいですので、沢山食べたほうがいいでしょう!

http://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1303/A130302/13061671/

No comments:

Post a Comment